"

Search This Blog

July 08, 2013

Correct English

English Teacher
1. It is right to say: I prefer blue shirts to red ones, while it is wrong to say: I prefer blue shirts than red ones.

2.  Please it's better to say: My friends and me are very rich, than to say: My friends and I are very rich.

3. It is wrong to say: Good day! Do you know why? Because, there is no English greeting like that: You either say Good morning, Good afternoon or Good evening.

4. It is wrong to say: This bag is different of the other one, but right to say: This bag is different from the other one.


5. Please say: I lose a lot of money from my sales daily instead of:  I loose a lot of money from my sales daily. Of course, the two words have different meanings thus:
a. lose means in this sentence, not making gains from sales, while, 
b. loose means to unfasten something like your belt, and so on.
   

1 comment:

Uliana said...

Learn the rules and all the nuances of English easily help teachers in the online school
https://englishpapa.com/dly-vzroslyh/
Lessons are held online, training is conducted according to modern methods with the best teachers, thanks to which the training is interesting and exciting.