- Fat provides a source of fat soluble vitamins like, vitamins A, D, E and K and equally helps to absorb them.
- Fat gives us energy and helps in preventing fatty acid deficiency.
- Fat forms part of the structure of cell membrane which protects our skins, serving as an underlying layer and keeps our bodies insulated and warm also.
- Fat wards off water soluble toxins thereby protecting each cell membrane.
- It helps us to maintain weight loss because of its sway on the quantity and frequency of food consumption.
- Mono-saturated and polyunsaturated fats as found in peanut butter, avocado pear, nuts, sunflower seeds and almonds, protect the heart by producing eatable cholesterol.
- Fat gives our hairs good texture, strengthens our bone while still protecting some important organs of our bodies.
- Fat enhances the digestion of the fat soluble vitamins as well as helps in slowing the absorption of carbohydrates in the body.
- It is needed in the body to maintain healthy skin and the normal warm temperature that our bodies need to function well.