"

Search This Blog

October 02, 2013

I Couldn't Depend On The Belief Of My Parents To Save Me...

Following Jesus In Faith

"If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me." - Mark 8:34

Are you really a Christian? You may think you are, but you may not be. After all, Jesus Himself said that some people will do seemingly "Christian" things in His name but will not truly know Him. Or maybe you know you are not a Christian and you wonder what it really means to be one.(1)

When I was sixteen, I would have told you I was a Christian because I grew up in a Christian home. But at a Young Life camp in Colorado, I heard a message about God's love for me through Christ's death on the cross. Realizing all He went through convicted me that I believed in God by convenience and association. Oh, I called on God before a big game or a big test, but I was basically using Him when it was convenient for me.

After realizing God's love for me, I decided to follow Jesus as the number one priority of my life and began a personal relationship with God through Christ. I realized that I had to make that decision for myself and couldn't depend on the belief of my parents to save me.

He loves you just as He loves me. He gave His life so you can know Him personally and be sure of eternal, abundant life with Him. If you just believe in God by convenience, like I used to, consider committing your life to following Jesus in faith. It's a life you'll never regret. It's a life of ultimate meaning and purpose...Right From The Heart!!

No comments: