"

Search This Blog

August 05, 2013

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar Protests Plans To Run Him Out Of PDP

The former Vice President, seems not to be happy about what he regarded as plans to run him out of the People's Democratic Party, PDP. His letter to PDP's National Chairman, Alhaji Bamaga Tukur, dated July 11, which was personally signed by him tells it all:
 ["My attention has been drawn to a news report published… Monday July 8, 2013. In the said report, the delegates list for the Special National Convention submitted by Adamawa State PDP chapter did not contain my name and further inquiries at the PDP National Secretariat also confirmed same. After waiting in vain for a public response from the party to correct or refute the news report, “I have decided to draw your attention to this mistake”. The 53rd NEC meeting of the PDP held on September 15, 2010 gave me a waiver, it was the waiver which allowed me to participate in the 2011 presidential primaries of the party. My return to PDP predated amendment of the party’s constitution of 2012. I considered the omission of my name on the delegates’ list as a mistake, as it contravened Section 32, sub-section 1 (a) of the party’s constitution which stated that the membership of the party’s BoT shall consist of “all past and serving Presidents and Vice-Presidents of the Federal Republic of Nigeria who held or hold the respective posts as members of the party and who are still members of the party”. I therefore look forward for a correction and restitution of my right to attend the forthcoming Special National Convention of our great party and also membership of the Board of Trustees.”] [culled from *National Mirror*]

No comments: